Process Simulation Studies
Sulphur Experts has extensive experience in process simulation studies for sulphur recovery facilities using Sulsim® sulphur plant simulation program as well as other industry standard simulation programs (ProMax™, ProTreat™ and others).
These simulation studies can be used to support a wide variety of engineering studies including:
- Determining the current SRU recovery efficiency of your plant using actual recent plant data
- Predicting the reaction furnace performance for the processing of specific acid gas compositions
- Determining the effect of catalyst activity on overall plant recovery performance.
- The simulations will reflect the expected performance with new catalyst (“start of run”) and deactivated catalyst (typical for “end of run”) conditions.
- The effects on the Claus reaction and the COS and CS2 hydrolysis rates will be evaluated
- Determining the specific operating conditions required for optimum recovery efficiency (converter and condenser temperatures, etc.)
- Identify and determine the effect of various plant problems on recovery efficiency capability (air flow control, leaking switching valves, poor bed regeneration etc.)
- Evaluate the impact of other possible plant emission sources (pit vent, H2S in incinerator fuel gas etc.) on overall plant emissions
- Providing detailed material and heat balances for future detailed design engineering.